Release date: November 4, 2019
This release focused on bug fixes and a better user experience. Indeed, window management was a bit archaic and a deep refactoring was needed. Also, histogram window was redesigned to be easier to use. See also the change log in the siril commands reference section.
Recently, source code, roadmap and issues management have moved to gitlab.com. Please report issues you encounter with siril on this website, this will help us fix them and make siril a better program.
Remember that Siril is developed without Windows or Mac and that we rely on Windows and Mac users to test and give us feedback about integration or porting problems.
Now, the debian package is distributed in two packages. The first package siril-common, must be installed first and is compatible for all architectures. The second one, depends of the system you have:
$ sudo apt-get install siril
- Ubuntu / Linux Mint:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lock042/siril $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install siril
- Fedora, Mageia 6: All
# dnf install siril
- Arch Linux has both the release version and the git development version in the user repository (AUR).
- AppImage: If you don't find a package for your distribution, you can try to download the AppImage binary. It has been tested on many systems and could work on yours. Make the file executable, and run it. That's all.
WARNING: In the AppImage, Siril is shipped with an old version of opencv that is not compatible with the new CLAHE filter. In consequence, this feature is not available in the AppImage bundle.
macOS ( > 10.9)
- Download the latest archive for Siril.
WARNING : If you have no script menu anymore after the new installation, go the the Edit menu, then Preferences, then Misc.. Clear all the Script Directories textbox and Apply. Finally, close and restart Siril.
- As usual we provide an archive with all the needed files in it. We recommend you create a shortcut for the executable at any convenient place. The executable is in the subdirectory bin and is named siril.exe : Download archive
What's new in Siril 0.9.12
- New split CFA feature
- Script status (line currenty executed) is displayed in a statusbar
- TIFF export is now available for sequences
- Added new filter: Contrast Limited Adaptive Histogram Equalization (often referred to as CLAHE)
- Ability to open a sequence by double-clicking on seq file in file explorers
- Better dialog windows management
- Histogram tool refactoring
- Provide new strategies for memory management, user can choose in the settings what amount to use
- Provide new photometric catalog for color calibration (APASS)
- Fixed stat computation on 3-channel FITS
- Fixed free memory computation on Windows
- Fixed a bug in RGB compositing mode, now allowing users to use multichannel image tools
- Fixed crash after deconvolution of monochrome images
- Fixed a bug in astrometry when downloaded catalog was too big