Release date: June 7th, 2018.
This release is the ninth stability release for the 0.9 branch. Its SVN revision is 2403. It also has an SVN tag: 0.9.9. Stability updates and minor improvements occur in the dedicated 0.9 branch. This is the second version officially supported on Windows, and it even includes developments that were specially made for Windows. But please keep in mind that Siril is developed without Windows and that we rely on Windows users to test and give us feedback about integration or porting problems.
This update focuses on automating the processing steps of a complete acquisition by introducing scripts, allowing for the first time Siril to be run in console and improving speed of registration and many other operations.
Leveraging the new scripting, Siril 0.9.9 has been integrated as an automatic way of processing acquisitions in the capture software CCDciel.
$ sudo apt-get install siril
- Ubuntu / Linux Mint:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lock042/siril $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install siril
- Fedora, Mageia 6: All
# dnf install siril
- Arch Linux: All.
$ pacman -S siril
- AppImage: If you don't find a package for your distribution, you can try to download the AppImage binary. It has been tested on many systems and could work on yours. Make the file executable, and run it. That's all.
OSX ( > 10.9)
- Download the latest DMG disk image for Siril and follow the instructions.
- Thanks to a French Siril user (Colmic) there are now two possible methods to install Siril. The first one is based upon an installer and it will also install some very useful scripts in the right place. If you did previously installed the 0.9.9 version, some conflicts may occur. Please remove old Siril application and also the siril directory located in %AppData%. It is important to read all messages during installation.
- As usual we provide an archive with all the needed files in it. We recommend you create a shortcut for the executable at any convenient place. The executable is in the subdirectory bin and is named siril.exe.
Building Siril on Windows 10 or Windows 7, 64 bits
Installation from source is recommended if you want the latest features, if the past release is getting old or if you want to participate in improving Siril.
See this page for instructions.
Siril is available in the FreeBSD Ports Collection. It can be installed, pre-compiled, from the standard package repository.
To install Siril on your system, run
# pkg install astro/siril
- See the installation page for help on dependencies and compilation.
What's new in Siril 0.9.9
As usual you can see the list of features and issues and details on the changelog page. This release contains some new features as well as some bug fixes:
- Major update of the command line, with completion and documentation in the GUI, enhanced scripting capability by running commands from a file and also allowing it to be run with no X11 server running with the -s command line option
- Added commands to stack and register a sequence
- Image statistics, including auto-stretch parameters and stacking normalization, are now cached in the seq file for better performance
- Global star registration now runs in parallel
- Workflow improvement by adding demosaicing as last part of the preprocessing
- Added a filtering method for stacking based on star roundness
- Added an option to normalize stacked images to 16-bit with average rejection algorithm
- All GUI save functions are now done in another thread
- Improved histogram transformation GUI
- Improved support of various FITS pixel formats
- Preserve known FITS keywords in the stacked image by average method
- Added native open and save dialogues for Windows users
- Various Windows bug fixes in SER handling
- Fixed wrong handling of scale variations in Drizzle case
- Fixed 8-bit images auto-stretch display
- Fixed BMP support
- Fixed issues in PNG and TIFF 8-bit export
- Fixed the "About" OS X menu