Release date: May 16, 2022
This is the second minor update of the 1.0 branch. It fixes some of the problems identified in the 1.0.1 version, as listed in its page. The only feature to see some improvements as well is the Background Extraction, as explained in the new tutorial that features it.
The commands reference page for this version is the same as for 1.0.0: see the list of commands for siril-1.0.
See the page of the main site for a detailed presentation of the version and download links.
Changes since 1.0.1
- Added new RBF interpolation method in the background extraction tool
- Removed file name length limit in conversion
- Fixed crash in preprocess command if a quote was not closed in -bias= option
- Fixed crash when star detection box was expanded past a border
- Fixed crash in plot when X axis data contained negative values
- Fixed numerous bugs in the background extraction tool
- Fixed bug in PixelMath where only one char parameter where allowed
- Fixed bug in FITS partial reader
Inevitably, some problems exist in every release, even if we do our best to verify that everything works as expected. For convenience, here is a list of problems that have been found in this release:
- starting scripts from the command line of the GUI with @ (as explained here) only works one time - filed as #796, fixed for next 1.0
- closing the background extraction window before having used it doesn't clean-up the preview properly, some actions become impossible until a preview is reopened, fixed for next 1.0
- registering without rotation and unselected images will reselect them - fixed for next 1.0
- potential crash on headless registration which tried to draw stars - fixed for next 1.0
- removing the background gradient on subs with seqsubsky was randomly failing because improperly initialized - fixed for next 1.0
- dates in stacked image were incorrectly reported, EXPSTART nad EXPEND were missing, DATE-OBS was from the reference frame instead of the start - fixed for next 1.0