Release date: Aug 17, 2016.
This release is the fourth stability release for the 0.9 branch. Its SVN revision is 1496, but it also has an SVN tag: 0.9.4. Stability updates and minor improvements occur in the dedicated 0.9 branch.
- Source package: siril-0.9.4.tar.bz2
- Debian stable: 64 bits
- Debian testing: 64 bits
- Ubuntu 16.04 / Linux Mint 18.XX:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lock042/siril sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install siril
- Fedora 24: 64 bits
- For other GNU/Linux OSes, we are experimenting the AppImage application. AppImage packages are designed to run on all major Linux desktop distributions. Simply download the AppImage file, change the file permissions to make it executable and then run it by double-clicking on it or run it from the terminal. When the AppImage runs the first time it will offer to install a desktop file. If a desktop file is installed, then Siril will be added to the desktop menu: Download 64 bits version.
AppImage known problems: The package does not work on Linux Mint < 18. GTK icons are missing on fedora and arch-linux, but application is running. Please report other bugs you could find.
See the installation page for help on dependencies and compilation.
What's new in Siril 0.9.4
Siril 0.9.4 is a stability release: it contains some bug fixes over to the previous version, 0.9.3 and some new features:
- Fixed issues with SER in generic processing function
- Fixed inability to open FITS when filename had parenthesis
- Fixed selecting new images did not update the number of selected images
- Fixed histogram sliders lag on OS-X
- Fixed message "Error in highest quality accepted for sequence processing....." during stack of %, even if quality data are computed
- Fixed sequence export to SER with unselected images
- Fixed global star alignment with angle close to 180deg
- Fixed undo cosmetic correction
- Fixed crash in peaker function
- Fixed aborting global star registration summary
- Fixed sequence list which was unreadable with dark GTK theme
- Fixed the update of the list of images
- Added support of internationalization:
- Option for logarithm scale in histogram transformation
- Add siril.desktop in archlinux
- Added support for exporting sequence in avi format
- Option to make a selection for global star registration in a smaller region
- Read commands from a file
- Option to follow star in registration
- Added support for resizing exported sequence
- Added support for reading and writing SER timestamps
- Added support for RGB alignment
- Added functionality to fix broken (0 framecount) SER files
Note: support for films such as AVI has been dropped and many functions of Siril will not work for them, in favour of the SER format. This version of Siril provides a way to convert films into SER sequences, on which all Siril processing functions are supported.