Release date: January 16th, 2019.
This is the tenth stability release for the 0.9 branch. It includes fixes for Windows file names handling, many other fixes and a introduces the astrometry plate solving.
With this release, we move away from our subversion code repository and mantisbt bug tracking to use gitlab.com instead. The old services will still be online for a while, but will not be updated. Please use the new services to report bugs and get the code.
Remember that Siril is developed without Windows and that we rely on Windows users to test and give us feedback about integration or porting problems.
$ sudo apt-get install siril
- Ubuntu / Linux Mint:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lock042/siril $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install siril
- Fedora, Mageia 6: All
# dnf install siril
- Arch Linux has both the release version and the git development version in the user repository (AUR).
- AppImage: If you don't find a package for your distribution, you can try to download the AppImage binary. It has been tested on many systems and could work on yours. Make the file executable, and run it. That's all.
OSX ( > 10.9)
- Will be available soon.
- As usual we provide an archive with all the needed files in it. We recommend you create a shortcut for the executable at any convenient place. The executable is in the subdirectory bin and is named siril.exe.
- An installer will be available soon.
What's new in Siril 0.9.10
- New astrometric tool
- New comet registration method (see video here)
- Preview for color saturation, asinh mapping, histogram transform and wavelets
- Added ability to join SER files
- Added a command stream using named pipes
- Added RGB flat normalisation for CFA images and command GREY_FLAT
- Added SETFINDSTAR command to define sigma and roundness parameters
- Added ASINH stretch command and GUI function
- Added RGRADIENT command and GUI function
- Added negative transformation
- Preserve FITS keywords in sum stacked image or when history exist
- Check if the number of FITS can be stacked by Siril on the system
- Made command SEQCROP scriptable
- Redesigned all dialog windows to conform to GNOME guideness
- Improved ECC alignment algorithm
- Automatically detect GTK+ dark theme preference
- Adding a setting to activate image window positioning from the last session
- Fixed a bug in photometry where stars were too round
- Fixed crash on sequence export with normalization
- Fixed line endings in scripts for all OS
- Improved global registration and fixed a bug
- Fixed crash on startup on Windows with a session owning a wide char
- Fixed issue with wide chars on Windows
- Fixed some erratic behaviour when reference image was outside selection
- Fixed default rotation interpolation algorithm for register command
- Fixed compilation for OpenCV 4.0
- Fixed a crash in global registration with unselected images