Date de sortie: 28 Oct 2015
This release is the first stable version of Siril. Its SVN revision is 1037, but it also has an SVN tag: 0.9.0. Stability updates and minor improvements will occur in the dedicated 0.9 branch.
- Source package: siril-0.9.0.tar.bz2
- Ubuntu, Linux Mint: 64 bits, 32 bits
- Debian package is available in unstable, soon in testing with usual apt-get install. Here are the stable packages: 64 bits, 32 bits
- More soon.
See the installation page for help on dependencies and compilation.
What's new in Siril 0.9.0
Siril 0.9.0 is the first stable of the new version (2012-2015) of Siril. Contrary to the name of its previous version 0.9.0 rc1, it includes many new features on top of the stability improvements. Starting with this stable version, a more conventional release cycle will be used, with stability updates in subminor releases. Next stable version will be 1.0.
At mid-course during the development of this release, a bug tracking system has been introduced. Here is a link to all issues or feature requests fixed or included in this new version.
Here is a summary of these new features:
- new global star registration, taking into account field rotation
- new quality evaluation method for planetary images, used to sort the best
- images selected for stacking
- new parallelized stacking algorithm for all sequences, including all SER formats, allowing maximum used memory to be set
- threading of the most time consuming processings, to keep the GUI reactive, as well as many other speed improvements
- tested and improved on FreeBSD and MacOS X systems, and ARM architectures
- undo/redo on processing operations
- sequence cropping tool
Note: support for films such as AVI has been dropped and many functions of Siril will not work for them, in favour of the SER format. In a future release, we will allow their conversion to SER. In the mean time, only sum stacking should be working properly with them.