The software is being updated to recent operating system libraries (mainly to GTK+3). This page is the temporary Web page for Siril's new version. Hopefully in the near future the sourceforge page will be updated to add the same information.
Siril's works internally with FITS images, 16-bit for each pixel information.
- Image conversion
- Supported input types in upcoming version: 8-bit BMP, movie files (like .AVI), NetPBM binary images, RAW images (.CR2 and .NEF for now).
- Image registration
- Supported registration methods: translation for one selected star alignment using FFT. Using Theli is considered to align frames with a map (fixes image distortion, rotation, translation, according to many stars referenced by astrometry data).
- Image stacking
- Summing and median stacking.
Status of the new version (TODO and BUGS)
- Only RGB images have been tested
- Only 3-channel colour images assigned to R, G and B are possible. Other assignations are to come, for RGB composition (with luminance layer) or narrowband imaging
- Command line has been reactivated but no command has been tested
- FWHM function does not work properly (badly implemented)
- BUG: Progress bar is not always refreshed when it changes
- RAW images may appear darker than in rawstudio
- Median stack not tested and does not warn for out of memory likeliness
- 16-bit BMP import fails
Compilation and installation
Siril is currently only released as source from its subversion base. It means that you need the Subversion (svn) command to retrieve it. There is no source archives, packages or binary distribution yet. The address of the base is:
(sorry for the bad certificate - this URL does not work for online souce viewing with old web browsers). The source is read-only if you have no authorization. If you want to participate to Siril and be able to commit on the svn, send a message to user Vincent here.
Once you have got Siril's source code, it's easy to install it. Siril is managed with autotools, so it's simply built using ./configure and make. If configure has weird errors, try running "aclocal && autoconf && autoheader && automake" before retrying it.
To run Siril, run "./siril" from the base/src directory. The pixmap base/pixmaps/siril_1.xpm may be linked or copied in the base/src directory while using Siril from source.