(draft from website)
Revision as of 04:35, 21 August 2012
Link to official website.
GoQat is best known for the support of QSI cameras, but it embeds a lot of other features:
- Set the CCD temperature and filter for your CCD exposures, capture sub-frames and use binning.
- Display real-time scrolling graphs of your CCD camera cooler power and temperature.
- Calibrate the autoguider with the camera at any angle with a single mouse-click.
- Autoguide your exposures using the fully integrated autoguiding functions: CCD exposures automatically wait until the autoguider is ready.
- Show real-time scrolling strip charts of star positions for periodic error analysis.
- Focus your telescope automatically, including 'V-curve' calibration for point sources (stars), temperature compensated focusing and the ability to adjust focus according to defined offsets for each filter change.
- Record real-time or time-lapse video from any of the supported video cameras.
- Play back recorded video and automatically perform photometry and astrometry on each frame - ideal for asteroid occultations and other transient events.
- Use task lists to control the operation of your telescope, CCD camera, autoguider and focuser completely unattended.
- Execute arbitrary scripts in the language of your choice, to perform any external operations that you can do with a script (e.g. live upload of images to a website) and to interact with and control GoQat.
- Load and save Losmandy Gemini pointing model parameters and PEC data, and more.
The website has its own hardware compatibility list.